Saturday, May 3, 2008

Lots of news to catch up on........

Well so much has happened since I last posted....... I guess the exciting news is that Amy will have a little brother or sister arriving in October!! I'm due on October 20 but as it will be a scheduled c-section because of the complications last time I will probably deliver a couple of weeks early. We're going to have this one be a surprise too and not find out the gender. Many people think this one will be a boy but if you believe the old wives tale about a high heart rate in the baby means it will be a girl - well it may be a girl, the heart rate has consistently been between 150 and 170. Of course things haven't gone as smoothly with this pregnancy as last time. Two weeks ago I was admitted to hospital for 4 days with a kidney infection. I needed a lot of fluids and i.v antibiotics etc. So that wasn't too nice - and it seems I now have some irritation/infection of the vein where the i.v was inserted. So back to the doctor's on Monday for another follow-up visit.

Amy also had her first haircut last week. We really had to get it trimmed as it was in her face and uneven at the back. She did fine to start with but then started to get a little fussy. Very exciting day for a little girl!! The next day it was Luke's 1st birthday party. Luke goes to the Little Gym with Amy and that is where the party was held. I've included video of Amy at the party using the bars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting news! Congratulations!
Ann-Marie

Anonymous said...

hey, you beat me to the 2nd child! We are shooting for next year sometime probably but who knows. Looks like we are going to get married in October which is exicting too. Hope all is well and give me a call sometime!

Port Aransas 05/09