Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another busy week

It's been another busy week for us. This week we enrolled Amy in the Mother's Day Out program at Helotes Hills Methodist Church. Starting in September she will go there on Friday's from 9-2. It will give Jerad a little break and when baby #2 arrives it will give him some time just with the new baby. It will also be good for Amy to interact with other kids and adults (who are not her parents). We didn't want to put her in full time day care so but wanted to have 1 day a week in a more structured environment. So this should be the perfect solution.

I also got the results of my 1 hour glucose test back and failed it by a few points so had to go for the 3 hour test on Friday. Hopefully I will pass that - the same thing happened with Amy, so I guess I just don't do well on the 1 hour test. It has also been a week for healthcare issues......I had an eye exam during the week and need glasses. So Amy and I went out today and bought a nice new pair of glasses. We'll see how I do with them and whether I decide to get contacts later. I then spent part of the afternoon (while Amy was napping) downloading songs to my iPod. Jerad had quite a few deliveries to do this afternoon so it was pretty quiet this afternoon around the house. When Amy woke up we went and checked the mail and her little Halloween costume had arrived - it looks so adorable, I can't wait to see her in it :-)

Next week I am heading up to Boston Tues-Thurs, at least it won't be as hot up there as it has been in San Antonio. Hopefully there'll be no travel delays and I'll be back on time Thursday afternoon.

No comments:

Port Aransas 05/09