Friday, November 21, 2008

Dad and his girls


I finally have been able to post a picture of Jerad with his hair cut-off!! The bonus is that his two girls are in the shot too. It's a pity Amy had her eyes shut though. Another quiet week for us - we pretty much just stayed home. I worked on some odd jobs around the house and both Jerad and I cleaned out our closets and donated 3 trash bags full of clothes to Goodwill. I have my 6 week post-partum follow-up this morning, so hopefully all is well there.
Caitlyn keeps growing and changing each day. We can really see a difference in her face as it fills out more. She has also started to smile a lot which is very cute. She is starting to outgrow some of her newborn clothing because her legs and arms are too long. It's also great to see Amy interacting with her all the time. She is always wanting to give Caitlyn kisses. She also helps with diaper changes, dressing her and holding her (with help from mummy or daddy of course). While I don't want them to grow up too quick I am looking forward to a time when they can play together. I think they will be really close with each other. I was worried that Amy might be a little jealous of Caitlyn but she has adjusted really well.
Next week I will be planning on finishing most of the Christmas shopping, now if only I knew exactly what I was going to buy.......Then before we know it Tim and Deb will be here for their vacation. They arrive on the 7th and then they have a trip to Dallas planned to see the Giants beat the Cowboys (I'm not a Giants fan but no-one in this household is a Dallas fan, that's for sure!); they also will be flying to Washington DC to see some friends and while there have a side trip to New York planned, then it is back to San Antonio for Christmas before heading home again. They certainly have a busy schedule while they are here. I also have to start planning what to do for Christmas dinner for all of us. So it looks like a lot of planning for me next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock! What a difference. Your girls are so precious. I think Kelan needs a little sister or brother...but I'm not sure I'm quite ready yet. The fun begins with potty training now!

Anonymous said...

P.S. anonymous was me..Christine..I can't remember my stupid password

Jane, Amy and Caitlyn said...

I guessed it was you when I read Kelan's name :-)

Port Aransas 05/09