Sunday, January 18, 2009

A chilly week.............well by TX standards

It was a shock to the system this week with the cold weather each day. It was in the 30's each day on the way to work and some days only getting into the 40s. Now I realize for others in the US this is pretty warm for winter - but for South Texas, it is almost frigid :-)

Thankfully Amy is doing much better this week and back to her normal self. Caitlyn is fine too, in fact she actually slept for 10 straight hours on Thursday night. I was in a panic at first when I woke up and realized that I hadn't got up in the early hours of the morning. But when I went to check on her she was just snoozin'. Had me worried for a minute there. Of course she hasn't bothered to sleep like that again for mummy and daddy!

I've made more progress on the planning of Amy's 2nd birthday party. I've ordered the invitations and a cute little outfit for her. Next week I'll start thinking about the cake, goody bags and the food. We also had a fun afternoon together in the kitchen making a pumpkin cake. Amy was such a big help measuring the dry ingredients for mummy. We tasted our masterpiece while it was still warm out of the oven and now she has gone down for an afternoon nap. Depending on when she wakes up we may go for a walk to the park. During the week in Daddy Daycare Amy and Caitlyn were busy teaching daddy some songs (and the actions that go along with them of course) as seen in the video :-)

No comments:

Port Aransas 05/09