Sunday, January 11, 2009

Learning to drive and full of smiles


I think we could best describe this week as tiring - due to busy days and lack of sleep. We once again (or I should say still) have a sick household. Amy went to the doctors on Wednesday but wasn't improving and by Friday still had a nasty cough, runny nose, fever etc. So she is now on antibiotics and doing much better today. Of course she has been very generous and shared her illness with little sissy. So now Caitlyn has a bad cough and runny nose. There isn't much we can give Caitlyn and just need to watch her to see she doesn't start wheezing etc. Daddy still isn't 100% either and it is peak allergy season here in San Antonio with all the cedar in the air so let's hope this coming week is healthier!

Due to being stuck indoors though we did get to take some video this week - 2 in fact. Caitlyn was full of smiles on Thursday and Amy is already learning to drive a car (well a Tinkerbell car). She just needs to learn to keep her finger on the red button (accelerator) and then of course how to steer - minor details! During the week I also booked Amy's 2nd birthday party at the Children's Museum, so now I just need to get invitations and all that jazz. It should be a fun day with all the activities the kids can do there.

As we moved the TV and cabinet from the playroom to the downstairs guest bedroom Jerad found my old Nintendo Gameboys (including Gameboy Color) - they seem like relics now but I'll manage to have some fun with them playing Zelda and Metroid :-) I had forgotten I had them - see the fun you can have when tidying up. Clearly it doesn't take much to amuse me. Well we don't really have much else planned for the rest of the weekend while the kiddos are sick so I'll end the post here. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Port Aransas 05/09