Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

It was a pretty low key week for us as most of the household is again (still) battling the cold/flu. On top of that it has been particularly cold outside (well by San Antonio standards at least). I had my first day back at work and thankfully the office is pretty quiet this time of year so I was able to start catching up on stuff without too many interruptions. We didn't do anything special for New Year's Eve this year - I didn't even make it to midnight. But when I woke up the next morning it was 2009! Hard to believe the year went by so quickly.

Caitlyn is growing more and more each week and is now sleeping about 8 hours at a time at night, so it is good to get a night's sleep again. I'm sure she'll start giggling soon, she has huge smiles when you play with her during the day and is starting to make little laughing sounds. We pulled out Amy's old Jumperoo for Caitlyn this week and she seems to enjoy it. Of course she doesn't stay in it long as her little neck muscles get sore being in the upright position. Amy wanted to get back in it when she saw it but seems content playing with her little sister in it.

I'm in the process of planning for Amy's 2nd birthday. I went and checked out one place yesterday but it wasn't that great. So this week I am going to look into booking the San Antonio Children's Museum. They have 3 party rooms and special activities for the kids to do during the party. They really seem to cater to all different age groups and it looks like the adults might enjoy it too. So we'll see what I decide during the week. I have printed out some pictures of dresses for Amy so that she can pick a birthday dress - at the moment her favourites seem to be a hot pink one or a blue/brown one. She changes her mind everyday of course, but we'll try and get her to narrow it down.

No other real news this week, I'll try and post more next week and include some pictures.

No comments:

Port Aransas 05/09